“Only together can we shape the digital transformation.” Our partner Stiftung Digitale Chancen (Digital Opportunities Foundation, Berlin) took this motto as an opportunity to invite senior citizens all over Germany to discover the digital world in a multi-day voyage.
In the week between the 14th till the 18th of June, every day seniors got a new expedition task which they could solve in small teams or expedition pairs, consisting of beginners and experienced people, or by themselves. The tasks introduced mobile devices and apps in a playful and user-oriented way. They were based on the ICT 4 the Elderly Wiki Book. Easy step-by-step instructions accompanied the tasks.
Over the course of the week, there were various thematic excursions and journeys of discovery into the diverse digital world. In the process, seniors could learn about varied, informative, and entertaining uses of digital devices and the Internet and discover how they can use them for their own needs and preferences.
- Day 1: Getting started and taking your first steps with the device & introduction to the world of digital communication
- Day 2: Expedition into the virtual world of knowledge and information & Journey of discovery into the colourful diversity of digital creativity and design
- Day 3: Discovery tour into the digital world of entertainment
- Day 4: Excursion into the digital realm of health and exercise & Journey of discovery into the digital world of culture
- Day 5: Closing event via Zoom
The expeditions were organised in the project “Digital mobility in old age – Tablet PCs for seniors” funded by Telefónica Germany. All expeditions can also be taken beyond the week on our website: www.digital-mobil-im-alter.de (in German).
Everyone can participate: Individuals, (expedition) couples, grandchildren and grandparents, family or neighbourhood small teams (respecting the current Corona regulations).